Friday, April 21, 2006

Poem by Malcolm X

When I was born, I was Black,
When I grow up, I’m Black,
When I go out in Sun, I’m Black,
When I’m scared, I’m Black,
When I’m sick, I’m Black,
And when I die, I’m still Black. . .

And you White fellow,
When you’re born, you’re pink,
When you grow up, you’re white,
When you go out in Sun, you’re red,
When you’re cold, you go blue,
When you’re scared, you go yellow,
When you’re sick, you’re green,
And when you die, you’re purple. . .

And you have the nerve to call me coloured?!

4 comments:

  1. Adorei!!! I adored!!! may I put it in a post in my own blog? It was a pity that I couldn't enter here yesterday: May 13 is the day of the slavery end in Brazil... 1888, what a disgrace for a people!


    Beijo, congratulations for ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malcolm X was truly one of the greatest black men to ever walk on this earth. he fort so much for our people and represented our true black manhood. Salute to this giant of a prince

    ReplyDelete
  3. His Poem ALL MEN SHOULD BE BROTHERS made it in the Concert of Andre Rieu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very much mistaken, Paul. IT was Alle Menschen werden Brüder by the German poet Friedrich Schiller in 1785. The music was Ode to Joy from Beethoven's 9th Symphony written in 1823. It had nothing to do with the above diatribe.

      Delete

Free counter and web stats