Monday, October 2, 2006

Aminollah Andre Hossein

Months ago (Feb 2006) I wrote a short biography of late Aminollah Andre Hossein, the great Persian-French musician and composer. I didn’t have access to my archive of conventional vinyl records and cassettes left in Iran before emigration then. But as many non Persians left comments how much they wished to listen to Hossein’s works, I prepared some pieces.

1. Persian Miniatures
Orchestre du Theatre National de l’opera de Paris
Conducted by Jean Claude Hartemann
1-1. Danse de I’Echanson, 1.08 Mb, 2:42 Mins
1-2. Avant le Combat, 0.99 Mb, 2:24 Mins

2. Sheherazade
Orchestre du Theatre National de l’opera de Paris
Conducted by Jean Claude Hartemann
2-1. Palais de Shahriar, 1.29 Mb, 3:14 Mins.
2-2. Bataille, 1.01 Mb, 2:31 Mins

3. Symphony Persepolis
Orchestre du Theatre National de l’opera de Paris
Conducted by Pierre Dervaux
3-1. Maestoso, 2.66 Mb, 6:39 Mins

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful music, very lyrical and delicate... I love it since I've discoved the suite "Sheherazade" (from the old filmmusic and more older "symphonie des sables" - aka theatral music from the recent "live-peplum" of Robert Hossein "Ben Hur") at the radio France musique in 1983 or 1984...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I heard Persian Miniature was about 35 years ago. I had two cassets of the. Unfortunatly like so many good thing that I left behind when I had to leave Iran were those two cassets. Since then I have looked all over to find a CD, or any type of recording of those works. Please let me know where can I purchase those recordings. By the way thanks a million for providing those beutiful minuts of these great works. Regards, Houshang Firooz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houshang,
    Could you please provide me with your email?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Free counter and web stats