Monday, December 19, 2005

Ever Loving Heart

Some English talking friends have asked me to translate my Persian poems. Well, this may not keep the original form of the poem, but can definitely show the feelings that these friends are looking for. This is one written in 2002:

Life?
The land of grief and painfulness.
Mankind?
A blend of aches and sorrow.

Oh thou, life, naught be your being,
For what do I have to find your hidden secrets?
I want you not as of this very moment,
I will not be deluded by you humble world,
With all your colourful deceptions and tricks.

One moment you show me the gardens,
Full of flowers in variety of colours,
And intoxicating scents,
And butterflies in various colours over the flowers…

But the next moment,
You show me your talons and teeth as flower thorns.
Flower is naught but delusion,
The bare fact is nothing but the thorn,
Colour is naught but cold white light,
And all these butterflies are nothing but degenerated worms!

Well come forget it all,
There would be no antidote but death,
Death will overtake me one day,
And today could be that one day,
The reborn could get started any time.

Much could be learned from phoenix,
Into fire could be thrown this dusty body,
And get burned expecting another birth.

Surrounded by the worms,
Under the white light,
I can light the fire now.

Oh fire, the flame of thou will purify me,
Surround this impure body of mine,
Amorously and amatory in the warm hands of yours,
(In the warmth of which, there is no deceptions),
Make cold ashes of my body,
And puff it into the wind.

Later on,
No name, no infamy will remain,
Of me and of ashes of my ever loving heart…

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what beautiful images, Farya!!!! That is the source of your own poetic spirit, no?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Free counter and web stats